Create a complicated REST API with Python, Django REST Framework and Docker utilizing Take a look at Pushed Growth (TDD).
What you will be taught
- Organising a neighborhood growth server with Docker
- Writing a Python undertaking utilizing Take a look at Pushed Growth
- Constructing a REST API with superior options similar to importing and viewing photos
- Making a back-end that can be utilized a base to your future tasks or MVP
- Palms on expertise making use of greatest follow ideas similar to PEP-Eight and unit exams.
- Primary data of programming and constructing easy purposes
- Acquainted with Django
- Snug utilizing command line instruments (Terminal/Command Immediate)
- macOS, Linux or Home windows machine able to working Docker (This excludes Home windows 10 House)
- Optimistic angle and willingness to be taught!
Welcome to the superior course on easy methods to Construct a Backend REST API utilizing Python, Django (2.0), Django REST Framework (3.9), Docker, Travis CI, Postgres and Take a look at Pushed Growth!
Whether or not you’re a contract programmer, tech entrepreneur, or simply beginning out constructing backends – this course will assist lay the inspiration of your data base and provide the instruments to advance your abilities with among the most in-demand programming languages as we speak.
APIs are the unsung heroes behind the applied sciences that all of us love and use religiously.
One of the vital important parts for any tech-based enterprise is an API. So understanding easy methods to create an API from begin to end is an important talent to have as a developer. You can’t construct a profitable app with out a backend REST API!
On this course I’ll present you easy methods to construct a complicated API that handles creating and updating person profiles, altering passwords, creating objects, importing photos, filtering and looking out objects, and extra.
One of the simplest ways to be taught something is to do it. So the sensible software of the course — the undertaking that you simply’ll construct alongside aspect me — is an API. A recipe API, to be particular.
You’ll learn to construct a complicated recipe API that permits you to add and retailer a few of your favorite recipes from photographs and the net.
You’ll learn to create objects i.e. recipes with titles, worth factors, cooking occasions, elements and tags like “consolation meals”, “vegan” or “dessert”. Consider it as a digital recipe field.
By the tip of this course you’ll have constructed a completely functioning REST API that may deal with:
- Consumer authentication
- Creating objects
- Filtering and sorting objects
- Importing and viewing photos
You’ll additionally be taught, intimately easy methods to:
- Setup a undertaking with Docker and Docker-Compose
- Configure Travis-CI to mechanically run linting and unit exams
- Write unit exams utilizing the Django Take a look at Framework
- Apply greatest follow ideas together with Take a look at Pushed Growth
- Deal with importing media recordsdata with Django
- Customise the Django admin
- Configure a Postgres database
This course has one singular focus: To show you easy methods to create a complicated API from begin to end utilizing greatest follow ideas and Take a look at Pushed Growth.
This course is NOT FOR YOU:
- In the event you’re searching for a course to construct an API, a entrance finish, and deployment
- In the event you’re seeking to construct 10 totally different apps in a single course
- If you wish to be taught a number of totally different applied sciences and approaches to app growth usually
This can be a hands-on course, with a little bit of idea and plenty of alternatives to check your data.
The content material is difficult however rewarding. Prepared for it? Let’s dive in!
**PLEASE NOTE: You can’t run Docker on Home windows 10 House version. It is because Home windows 10 Professional or Enterprise is required as a way to use Hyper-V which Docker makes use of for virtualization. To take this course you have got two choices. These are coated in Lecture 6, which is free to preview earlier than buying the course.
Who this course is for:
- Newbie to intermediate programmers who have already got some understanding of Python and wish to talent up
- Developers proficient in different languages however trying so as to add Python to their toolkit.