REST API for Beginners – Learn how to build from scratch your own apps based on the GitHub API, StackOverflow API and many more with Android
What you’ll learn
- Execute HTTP calls, utilizing the Retrofit android library
- GET the content material of APIs;
- Visualize the content material, taken from an API;
- Work with a whole lot of APIs;
- Create unique apps of their very own, primarily based on a server-located content material;
- Take the authorization credentials for his or her purposes;
- Work with JSON knowledge
- Please, have your Android surroundings prepared for work!
- We will probably be utilizing the Android studio on a regular basis. Have it configured.
Have you ever ever questioned the best way to GET that server-located content material in your app? Do you wish to discover ways to retrieve and visualize JSON knowledge? Would you wish to discover ways to work with the Retrofit library in Android? Then this course is for you! Right here we are going to begin with a brief introduction to the fundamental terminology – you’ll get conscious of what HTTP, URL, API, RETROFIT, JSON, GET/POST/PUT and DELETE are. The entire explanations I will provide you with are simple to know and observe. Then we are going to construct 2 initiatives from scratch, working with 2 completely different APIs – the GitHub API and the StackOverflow API, as we’re GETting their content material. On the finish of every part you’ll know the best way to proceed exploring the API by yourself and modify the info on your wants. Then we’ll go additional – I am going to present you tens and a whole lot extra APis it is possible for you to freely to work with. We’ll go by way of three completely different authorization processes – with the Instagram API, with the Gmail API and the Wordnik API. After you end the course, you’ll deal with quite a few sources, a whole lot of APIs and approaches.
Who this course is for:
- This course is good for everybody with preliminary data in Android.
- The course is for everybody who wish to study sizzling to implement the REST ideas and visualize the content material, taken from a server.
- It’s NOT for folks with none programming expertise.
- It’s NOT for individuals who wish to study the fundamentals of android improvement.